Ads 468x60px

Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Strawberry Graham Cracker Dessert

On a recent family outing to the beautiful Avilla Valley Barn, we got our daughters some ice cream for a treat. As we were sitting outside enjoying the surroundings I noticed a few people walking around with stunning Strawberry Shortcake desserts. Beautiful strawberries were piled around a MOUNTAIN of whipped cream. Knowing I should not be anywhere near that stuff I resisted the incredible urge to go on in and order one for myself, after all, I wasn't eating these things every day right? But I knew if I started that habit it would become an every day thing, oh I don't eat chocolate every day on Monday. On Tuesday it would be, Oh I don't eat cream puffs every day and so on. When we got home I was really craving that Strawberry Shortcake. We had bought a big box of fresh strawberries from the barn so I put my thinking cap on and came up with a close second to that devilish dessert!
In my freezer I had a tub of Trader Joe's whipped topping. 
There is no cholesterol in it, but it does have 2g of saturated fat per serving, and that is where I would splurge because a little of this stuff does go a long way. So I sliced some fresh strawberries into a bowl, added about 1 tablespoon of the whipped topping and then crumbled some honey graham crackers also from Trader Joe's on top and woo-hoo I had a strawberry shortcake-like dessert that was delicious and cholesterol free!

0 comments:

Post a Comment