Ads 468x60px

Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Cholesterol Free French Toast



French toast is another of my favorite breakfasts. We often eat it for dinner too in our household! So I made this delicious recipe that is cholesterol free! It goes very well with strawberries and maple syrup with a dusting of powdered sugar. Plus it makes the whole house smell WONDERFUL!


Grip N Flip
My favorite tool to use for french toast is my Grip N Flip, it makes flipping the french toast effortless!










Cholesterol Free French Toast

6 slices fat free whole wheat bread
4 large egg whites
1/2 cup of nonfat milk
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
canola oil

Separate eggs. I use my cute Egg Yolky egg separator, it works great!
In a shallow dish, mix the egg whites, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
Heat canola oil in a pan.
Dip the bread quickly into the egg mixture, just enough to coat it on each side. Do not let soak or it will make the bread soggy and it will fall apart.
Cook in the heated canola oil until lightly browned on both sides.
Serve with berries, powdered sugar, maple syrup, whatever your heart desires! :)

Serves 6

0 comments:

Post a Comment